Friday, June 20, 2014

Favorites On Friday - East Coast Adventures

Favorites on Friday
This weekend's adventure? Virginia Beach, Virginia. We switched up our typical West coast adventures and headed East! I flew in from my second home of Salt Lake City and Britt flew in from Kansas City. After a lot of stressful delays for both of us, we miraculously both made it late last night at 4AM. So now, just a few hours left of the workday before we can go and enjoy the beautiful beachfront! 

~Oceanfront Workday~
We left the beachfront balcony for a little work with a side of fries.
-A workday isn't half bad with the sound of the ocean waves right outside. ..Or at least that's how the day started. Britt and I were working away on the balcony of the oceanfront hotel my parents are staying in when the internet dropped. So we had to make a quick move our only other option - a McDonald's across the street. The atmosphere here isn't nearly as nice, but it will do the trick while we finish up a few things!

~Return to Neptune~
If you ever find yourself at Virginia Beach, head to
31st and Atlantic to see massive King Neptune guarding the sea.
Photo Credit: Wikimedia RadioFan
-This beach has to be one of my favorite spots. My uncle moved out here a few years ago and every trip has been such a blast. The beach and boardwalk are something to remember. So we're back at it.. ready to be beach bums and stroll the boardwalk!

~Pantene's #ShineStrong Series~
"Not Sorry" from the Pantene #ShineStrong series.
-I can't say I use their products, but Pantene's girl power ads are killing it recently. I saw this one a while back on Facebook. My new favorite is the one you see above that was posted on HuffPost Women - "Reminding women to stop saying sorry when they didn't do anything wrong.Check it out and feel empowered.

So as I write this from a noisy Micky D's Cafe, I am realizing it's definitely my most random makeshift workplace.. What's yours? Comment below! 


1 comment:

  1. Another great piece of literature from you.... enjoyed it. I love the Ocean. So much fun to swim with the waves. Hope you are enjoying the beach!!

    ReplyDelete