Friday, June 13, 2014

Favorites on Friday - Summer Vacation Weekends!

Favorites on Friday
This month is full of mini-vacations. Since there aren't any 'summer breaks' in the real-world, I am taking advantage of the weekends and packing in as many things as I can. With all of these good weekend plans, the work week isn't all that bad :)


~Cali Adventures pt. 3~
-I just can't get enough of sunny California. Britt and I hit as many fun spots as we could last weekend in Southern California. We lost a little money at the Santa Anita Racetrack, stopped by the Rose Bowl Stadium, hung out on the Santa Monica Pier and 3rd Street Promenade, and hiked a beautiful trail in Thousand Oaks, California.

BUT by far, one of the most notable parts of the weekend was our trip to Diddy Riese Cookies. It's a cookie shop right off UCLA's campus. I would highly recommend checking it out if you ever make it to LA. The line was out the door and down the block, but as soon as you taste one of their cookie and ice cream sundaes, you'll know why!


~Burlington Steamboat Days~
Throwback picture on the left of me at SBD back in the day. Apparently I was into crop-tops before they were cool.
-I am especially excited for this weekend - family, friends, and festival foods! Steamboat Days is a week of concerts and a carnival along the river in Burlington, Iowa. I have been going since I was a little girl. Last year, my friends came with back with me for the festivities and we had a blast! I have been counting down to this year's event!

What are your favorites from this week? Any big plans for the weekend? Comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment