Friday, March 21, 2014

Favorites on Friday: Home Sweet Home

Favorites on Friday
I am one happy girl - it has been a great week of quality time with people that I love. As to be expected, the crew had the best weekend in Iowa City with lots of shenanigans. And this week has been just as fun: I got in a few date nights with my boyfriend, got together with friends, and just enjoyed the amenities of being at home!

~No place like Kansas [City]~
How great is this picture of KCMO from Wikimedia?
-There was nothing better than being home sweet home for a week. You know that really great feeling of knowing your way around town, getting back into a routine, and the joy homemade food after a long trip? AH. It's just the best. I am happy to be back.

~Magic Bullet Smoothies~
My breakfast this week has been a fruit, spinach, oat smoothie. So filling and delicious!
-I think I almost missed my Magic Bullet as much as I missed home. I would say I have a side job as an unpaid Magic Bullet spokeswoman. Honestly I just don't think I could live without it at this point. Since it's not all that practical to take it with me on my travels, I have been taking advantage this week with lots of coffee frappuccinos, fruit smoothies, and banana peanut butter shakes. YUM.


~Divergent at the Alamo~
I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!
Well, except for during all the fighting scenes.. then I covered my eyes and curled up in my seat.
-A movie premiere at my favorite movie theater with my roomie. Rarely do I finish a book, and the movie comes out the following week.. luckily I was late to jump on the Divergent bandwagon! It was so much fun to see the film adaptation of everything I had imagined. The movie was fantastic. Also, I am the biggest fan of the dine-in movie theater here in town - The Alamo Drafthouse is the best. It's a great atmosphere, tickets are reasonable, and they are always doing fun specialty showing of old movies. If there's one in your city, check it out!

~Spring Break 2013~
Oh, Cozumel. Take me back.
- Last year at this time, I was soaking up the sun with my favorite ladies. I have been daydreaming about the warm weather and blue waters all week long. I wish we could be back on our cruise ship this year - but at least we have lots of fun pictures and great memories to remember an incredible trip!

So how was your week? Any smoothie recipes I can try in my beloved Magic Bullet? Did you do anything fun for the start of March Madness tournaments? Notice how I didn't bring up Iowa's heartbreaking loss.. Comment below!

And for past Favorites on Fridays posts, click here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment