Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Weekend Adventures in Utah!

I finally took advantage of this back-to-back travel and had a little fun. This past weekend I stayed in Salt Lake City to do touristy things. The first stop in our adventure? Solitude Ski Resort.
See where the snow just seems to drop off? That's a considered a 'green' run. And I went down it.
While I have skied probably five times in my life, the hills in Iowa don't really compare to the intimidating mountains out west. But I survived Saturday's ski trip, and didn't even fall once!!

Do we look like pros?
On Sunday, a few brave souls went back for more. But some of my friends and I thought one day was enough. We went and explored Park City - such a cool town! We walked around a bit and grabbed a quick lunch at No Name Saloon. There are a lot of fun shops and I can't wait to go back!  
Beautiful Park City!
On the way back, our little crew made a stop at the "Utah Olympic Legacy," the site of the 2002 Winter Olympics. It was interesting and we had some fun with the photo ops in the museum! 
  
A future Olympic bobsled team, right there!
So we made the most of the weekend and had a great time! But after 3-straight weeks of traveling, I am counting down.. 4 more days until I get to go home for a little while. I am hoping my roommate and boyfriend haven't forgotten who I am! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment