Tuesday, July 15, 2014

PTT: Healthy Hotel Habits

Professional Tip Tuesday
Remember my post back in February? Well I have come a long way since the desperate days of a Cup of Noodles and coffee stirrer chopsticks. It took me 6 months but I am getting into a groove of weekly groceries to stock my mini-fridge.

So while I am no expert yet, I wanted to share a few of my go-to groceries for breakfast, lunch, and dinners. These food ideas make it a little easier to stay healthy if you are living the frequent travel life. Here are the tricks of the trade:

First of all, commit.
- Commit to going to the grocery store if you are going to be staying in your hotel all week.
- Commit to buying the good stuff. Lots of veggies and foods that will keep you full.
- Commit to getting some supplies to make hotel-living and 'cooking a whole lot easier - Tupperware, dish soap, and a sponge can open a world of opportunities.
The foods.
- Think in terms of meals. What can you easily eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
  • Breakfast - My hotel offers breakfast, so I am covered there. But if you are looking for an easy, healthy breakfast option, there are lots of good go-tos. 
    • Try: Oatmeal, cereal, and maybe some fruit.
  • Lunch - Packing a lunch isn't as difficult as you would think. Especially with that handy Tuperware!
    • Try: Bagged chopped salads, peanut butter sandwiches, or a tuna wrap (sorry if you don't like tuna!). Pack some veggies or fruit on the side and you are set.
  • Dinner - I usually keep it pretty simple for dinner. But keeping it simple actually makes it easier to stick to the healthy foods. 
    • Try: Blackbean burgers (from the freezer aisle - not too bad!), steamable vegetables, avacado, and cottage cheese. ..I rotate between the veggies and cottage cheese to keep it interesting :)

                               
The extra effort.
- Water, water, water. I am a constant water drinker. I always have a water bottle with me. My newest thing is drinking bottle of water when I get up, before every meal, and during every meal. This is an easy way to slow down the snacking and feel more energetic throughout the day.

So what are your tips for staying healthy? Any other dinner ideas that I can add to my rotation? Comment below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment