Friday, May 9, 2014

Favorites on Friday - Never Too Old for Dress Up!

Favorites on Friday
I had a really busy work week and it went super quick. So this week's Favorites on Fridays is mainly from last weekend. BUT the weekends are where most the fun is anyway, right? 
                               
~Fitz & the Tantrums~
-A summer favorite are the summer concerts in Kansas City's Power & Light DistrictOn Saturday, my friends and I went down to P&L for the Fitz and the Tantrums show (click the link for one of my favorite songs right now!). It was only a $5 admission and the weather was perfect! Power & Light has a lot of free concerts during the summer - so I am excited to enjoy some good music there this summer.

~Death at the Doo Wop~
-Britt and I went (and accidentally participated) in the Grimprov Murder Mystery Dinner last Sunday. The theme was 50s prom and we are a little too good at themes (A.K.A we were the most dressed up people there). And this particular Murder Mystery Dinner involved heavy audience participation. So I think when Britt and I walked in looking all snazzy, we were the perfect targets. I even got a part in the show and had to do a dramatic death scene in front of everyone!! Britt won 'Best Dressed' for his baby blue suit. The night was a success!


~The Baby Blue Suit~
-Britt's baby blue has gotten a lot of use over the years, and deserves some recognition all on it's own! Winning 'Best Dressed' at the Murder Mystery Dinner was an easy feat for this piece of apparel. The suit just seems to work for every theme. Britt's brother snagged it originally from a second hand store and 'passed it on' to Britt. One of my favorites is the 80s theme party pictured above!

What's your favorite dress up theme? Comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment