Friday, October 25, 2013

Taco Dip: Potluck Crowd Pleaser

In celebration of Halloween, we had an office potluck today.. Friday + Potluck makes for a great start to the weekend. The only problem was, the plethora of dips, goodies, and treats were at the end of my desk. Needless to say, I overindulged. But who wouldn't?

So this Optimistically Anna Friday post is a little recipe corner edition. Potlucks are great for team bonding. Think back to elementary school - how awesome was snack day? If you can bring a little of that to the 8-5 grind, you are doing something right.

Last night I was all over Pinterest looking for the perfect potluck recipe. I wanted something easy and quick. Our food table would not be close to an outlet, so I had to pick a dish that could sit out and be enjoyed throughout the day.

The answer? Taco dip. And it was a hit. Just in case you have an office potluck coming up, I included the recipe below.

Taco Dip: Potluck Crowd Pleaser 
Ingredients-
1 pkg (8 oz) of Cream Cheese
1 container (16 oz) Lowfat Sour Cream
1 pkg Taco Seasoning
Shreaded or Chopped Lettuce
Shredded Cheese
Pico
Black Olives

Directions-
1. Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning
2. Spread mixture on a platter or casserole dish.
3. Layer the lettuce, pico, shredded cheese, black olives
4. Put in the fridge and serve when ready

That was a fun recipe for my first contribution at the office potluck. My cooking skills aren't exactly up to par quite yet. I would say cooking can be almost as big of a learning curve as anything else in your early 20s.

But let me tell ya, office potlucks can be a huge ego boost when everyone oos and ahhs over your taco dip! So What are your go-to potluck recipes?

1 comment:

  1. I have a Halloween-themed office potluck tomorrow. I plan on making my mom's banana bread recipe (even though it has nothing to do with Halloween). I would share the recipe, but it's a Schaude family secret - sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete