Sunday, August 25, 2013

Lazy Sundays

In college, Sundays were the worst. Instead of relaxing and enjoying the last day of the weekend - students everywhere are stressed about all the homework they should have done.

But being out of school, I can finally appreciate this beautiful day.

And this was a big weekend - my roommate and I have been in the process of making our own wine for weeks. ..I keep getting asked if we stomped grapes. Hah! No way. But I immediately think of this I Love Lucy episode when I hear that:
"Lucy's Italian Movie" Photo Credit: www.lucyfan.com
Our green apple riesling was just a kit - we just dumped the ingredients into a 6-gallon carboy, stored it for 5 weeks, and let the wine do it's thing! The hardest part of our job was drinking/collecting 30 bottles to bottle it.

But alas, yesterday was the day! We had a little get together with homemade pizza, wine, and brownies.. Can life get any better than that?
That was my weekend excitement! And after bottling (and sampling our fair share) today is an extra lazy Sunday :) 

So how do you appreciate your Sundays? Time by the pool, a Netflix binge, or maybe lounging on the couch? Those are all great options if you ask me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment