Tuesday, July 2, 2013

PTT: Packing Like a Pro

Professional Tip Tuesday

How to pack like a pro. 

This Professional Tip Tuesday is inspired by my move happening TODAY! That's right, folks. The day has come.

I have been packing for weeks. But this is nothing. I've moved 8 times since going to college between dorms, summer, apartments, etc. And I wish I could say it's gotten easier..

The first move - Freshman year dorm with my grandma and mom.
So if you are relocating for work - the following are my PTT Top 5 Moving Tips.

1) Pack like things together. This will make the entire moving process a whole lot easier.

2) Label each box - well!  Don't keep yourself guessing on what's inside. Make it easy to unload by marking exactly what's in each box.

3) Pack in clear totes.  OR even better.. try old comforter plastic zip ups. They are easier to squeeze in the car than a box AND you can see the contents!

4) Confirm the plans.  Call the a few days before your move to make sure you're all set. This might include your landlord, electricity, water, and cable.

5) Load the car the night before.  If your planning to hit the road bright and early, get everything ready the night before so it won't be quite as chaotic.

My final tip for this quick guide to relocating is - if you are relocating for a job save all your receipts! Just keep an envelope with any receipts that have to do with moving expenses. You and your accountant will be thanking you in April when you are filing your taxes.

What advice do you have for making a big move? Comment below!

So I'm just about packed and then it's off to my new home. Unfortunately my pup's not ready to say goodbye...
I wish Bailey would actually fit in my suitcase.

1 comment:

  1. The best tips from a girl I know has moved so much, you're a real pro!

    ReplyDelete