Sunday, June 9, 2013

To The Friends That Make You Stronger

This past weekend I was able to make a trip back to my lovely college town. It was great to relax with good friends and enjoy a place that has become my home over the past four years. I really will miss Iowa City next year!
I went to dinner with my friends, Katherine (left) and Meg (right), on Thursday night after I got into town. The three of us met the summer after our sophomore year working for the orientation program at our university. It was a student leadership position that introduced me to some of the best people I will ever know. 
Top: Meg, Kat, and me rocking our orientation polos in one of our first pictures together, taken the summer of 2011.
Bottom: We did it! Graduation, May of 2013. 
It is pretty incredible to think about what makes up a friendship. The three of us graduated this year with degrees in completely different fields and are on very different paths. But we have this remarkable friendship that revolves around our common love for life. That sounds silly.. but Katherine and Meg are two of the most motivated individuals I know. We learn from each other's passions and become stronger because of it.

That's my mini-introduction for two of my closest friends - but I have no doubt they will come up in future posts. They were huge inspiration for starting this blog. Our coffee shop convos are usually centered on how to rock our careers and have fun while doing it. We talk a lot about 'girl power' and being strong, independent young women. So needless to say, I am so thankful for those two and cannot wait to see what we all accomplish in our careers! 

Dinner with them was the start to a fantastic couple of days. I also took some time this weekend to walk around the campus and visit some of my favorite spots.
Top Left: The Old Capitol - The University of Iowa campus; Top Right: Iowa City Farmer's Market;
Bottom Left: My favorite campus tree (nerdy, I know); Bottom Left: Soaking up the summer sun with Britt
It was beautiful weather in Iowa City on Saturday. My boyfriend, Britt, and I went to the Farmer's Market that morning. We enjoyed delicious peach pancakes with a side of people watching. The rest of the afternoon was spent on the grass in front of the Old Capitol. It is the best spot to spend a relaxing summer day.

All in all, it was a perfect Iowa City weekend.

I hope you all had a great weekend as well! 
-Anna

P.S. How do your significant friendships support your career paths? Comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment