Tuesday, January 28, 2014

PTT: A Pocket Full

Professional Tip Tuesday
Greetings from Utah! I am in Salt Lake City for the first of many business trips out here. It is an exciting change of pace from the typical 8-5 office routine! ...other than the 4:30AM alarm I had set Monday morning to catch an early flight. That was rough.
The trees aren't quite as green this time of year. But it's a beautiful city!
Photo Credit: Wikimedia by Garrett
I am not a pro at traveling yet. I realized that very quickly. Especially on those weekday flights - I felt the pressure of the frequent business travelers around me. They have their routine down to a science and do not appreciate when someone inexperienced (like me!) slows them down.

  • So far, my lessons learned from the security line:
    • When they say take your liquids out of your bag, they mean it. 
    • ....Same with electronic devices.
    • Scoot your carry-on luggage along until you are right up to the baggage scanner (or so the frustrated, "A-List Preferred Southwest" traveler behind me said, as I struggled to push all of my bins and suitcase onto the conveyor belt).
While I may have learned a few things from my travel experience - I was way more excited about an app a coworker told me about. So this week's Professional Tip Tuesday is a helpful gem that will make down time more productive - and is great for travel!

How many times have you found an interesting article but just don't have time to read it? 
I do it! All the time. I will be scrolling through my Facebook or Twitter feed and see something that I really want to read. I usually try and save it somehow, but there's no method to my madness - and I end up forgetting about it. 

Introducing, Pocket
- Pocket gives you a place to store articles and videos. You can even 'tag' the articles to categorize them within your pocket! Below you can see my "Professional Tips" tagged items.
Pocket even caters the format to the device youare using!




This app is available on your smart phone, tablet, and computer. It automatically syncs to all of your devices and allows you to read articles offline - so everything you put in your 'pocket' is available whenever and wherever!

So what do you think? Pretty cool, huh? I just got this app, but I already love the features and easy to use functionality!

What apps have you found that you couldn't live without? Comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment